Thursday, September 17, 2009

more dreams about the house

I had a dream I was looking through old pictures and saw a pic of the backyard. Then the picture sort of morphed into me actually being there. Everything was frozen like in the picture. My old beagle was curled up on the lawn, sleeping in the sun. It was a beautiful day. I could see everything clearly. The plants were all healthy and green. I became very very upset that the image was no longer real and simply the stuff of memories. Strange how something that vivid in my head simply does not exist anymore.

I miss the house. I still have the key on my keychain. Dont think Ill ever take it off.

Sometimes I wonder about the afterlife. I fantasize that in that place you can pretty much conjur up any pleasant reality you want and experience it. This dream would be one of them. Id make the back yard real again and play with my old dog for awhile. I miss her too.

2 comments:

That Birdhouse said...

mom and jack are about to move from channelview to a house they built in spring. although my old channelview will still be there, it won't be the same and really, there will no reason to go to channelview again.

weird to think about that.

- said...

crazy weird man. I will still go back as long as my grandma is living but there will be a day where I will have absolutely zero reason to go back. and probably wont.