Wednesday, April 28, 2010

motivation to me

I realize I am bordering on the attention span and motivation levels of a child. I usually hate to do things that I am not wildly interested in. I hate to do things like cook, clean and pay bills. I do them. Usually at the last minute or after some kind of fee has been imposed on me but its never when it should be done and with a smile on my face.

But despite all that there are moments when I am crystal clear and focused. I can sit in one place and work on something a solid 8 hours without moving. And there are times when after doing mundane things I feel like a million bucks in a strange way.

So I figured I have to treat my inner lazy punk as another person outside of myself. Like my child or nephew or some little kid I know whats best for. I have to find discipline and a way to not let myself slide.

Because life is here. Whatever it is, its doing it right now. So I cant afford to listen to my lazy inner little bitch anymore. I never could. I just think I am learning how to deal with him.

No comments: