Friday, December 28, 2012

5 Years and Counting

I started this blog on December 3, 2007. That is pretty mind-blowing to me. Something about blocks of 5 years feels significant. A lot of things in life seem to be based on blocks of 5 years.

In a lot of ways I don't feel very different. The first thing that comes to mind that I can say is different is my clarity with my profession. While I have a long way to go I am infinitely closer to "adulthood" in that regard.

Other things I feel like I have barely moved. I suppose Ill keep those to myself. Maybe if someone was really bored they could scan all 702 posts and figure out what it is for themselves. Thank God practically no one reads this. And honestly there has been a lot of things that went completely undocumented for obvious reasons.

Since I've started this quiet little semi-public journal a lot has happened if I really think about it. Relationships, deaths, illness, a band, babies born into the world, new friends entered, old friends disappeared into the sunset, changing political landscapes, several jobs, goals that went unmet, some goals met and then some.

So basically what most people experience in 5 years of their lives. Still its my little life and I look forward to cathartically sharing bits of my fleeting years with you, dearest reader, for years to come.

Cheers!

1 comment:

That Birdhouse said...

on december 3rd, 2007, i was living in houston entering the final of my return to school. i was about to be married in four months. i had just left fox sports in november of 2007 to work at spx. my grandmother was alive. bear was alive. sofie was not born yet. a burgeoning cloud of hurt was approaching in the markets. in fact my honeymoon destination of iceland would collapse later in 2008. hurricane ike had not come through houston. i hadn't started my love for the music of scott walker. and of course no cpa yet. five years. ch-ch-changes buddy.