Thursday, May 22, 2008

Deja Vu recap

So we played Deja Vu again last night. Our friends the Abby Birds opened for us. 2 of the bandmembers are in the slightly famous although still pretty underground band called Oh No! Oh My!. I got to pick their brains after the show about all things music industry related.

They make enough money with licensing to not have to have a real job which is a complete dream come true for me. Their stories of their European tour were quite juicy.

It looks like we might have a chance to open for them and Tacks the Boy Disaster next month. That will be our biggest show to date at THE venue in Austin for live music. Fingers crossed but I should know soon.

The set went well. I didn't change my strings before going on and worried about them breaking. Sure enough in the first song I broke a string. So we broke out the back up guitar which has a totally different feel and tone. I was worried I would have to play the entire set with a guitar I don't feel comfortable with but the guitarist from the Abby Birds offered to restring my guitar for me. She is hands down my new favorite person. She had it strung by the next song and we were back on track.

Our dance song got people up and moving so it was cool to see people shaking their asses to our stuff.

Overall good show, better second half. Tonight I go to bed early.

No comments: