Saturday, February 6, 2010

averting unemployment

I just had perhaps the closest call in my working life.

A webinar replay was scheduled to go down today.Somehow I failed to inform the necessary parties that said webinar was to be aired.

I was casually checking my email when I saw the reminder email for the webinar. For some reason I asked myself if I remembered to email the folks who would be replaying it.

Nope.

I realized this at 11:30. The webinar was scheduled to go down at noon. I bolted out the door, prayed the building wouldnt be locked and raced to the office to air it myself.

The door was unlocked. I barely made it.

This is the simplified version but I want to remember this day. It was the most focused determined 30 minutes i can recall. There is no reason why I should have remembered my slip up. I was planning on enjoying this beautiful day. I would have received a call when my boss realized he didnt notice the thousands of dollars that should be in his account. Thats when I would have remembered.

But as usual, unseen forces have my back. I am certain of this. It was the most random realization and not a second too soon.

GIANT BREATH OF RELIEF.

No comments: