Tuesday, March 16, 2010

continuing the trend

Played another show last night. I didn't think I would have the energy but I found it. I was on all cylinders.

So no wonder it took me until 4 this morning to fall asleep. I had to take nyquil to make it happen. That whole "so tired that you cant sleep" thing is very real. My body was heavy but my brain just raced until a few hours before I had to get up.

Some super well-known surprise DJ played after our set. In fact they asked us to cut our set short. We would have said fuck you and just kept playing but we thought the guy was one of the CO-OP people and cut a song.

Pissed us off when we realized who was asking us to do it. We showed up at 8. Tired, setting up the stage. We put together the nights bill except for them. I wish I would have known and told them to suck it. Lesson learned. Figure out who the decision maker is for that kind of thing is and tell everyone else to kiss our asses.

No more shows for awhile. Sleep. Glorious sleep. I didn't drink a drop of alcohol last night and think it was one of the best ideas I have ever had. Tired is one thing. Tired and hungover is nearly unbearable.

This last week was learning what I am physical capable of sustaining. And without sleep and moderate partying, its not very much.

No comments: