Monday, March 15, 2010

im soooooo tired

Busy weekend of shows and another one tonight. Im very tired. I simply cannot hang like I used to. Any real tour is going to require me to keep a tight lid on my partying. But a great weekend overall. The 101x show was cool. Kevin and Demetria came down which was way cool.

For some reason the venue filmed a pizza commercial during the first two songs of our set. Totally lame. We refused to have our faces filmed so lets see if they respected our request.

I got stopped by a cop at 3am (definitely tipsy) and was let go with a warning. Not sure how that happened exactly but I am very grateful for it. Like screaming out loud grateful.

The show last night was ok. Muddy backstage area set me off a bit. But there was a decent sized crowd of folks who never saw us. A SXSW film student interviewed Alex and I afterwards for some project he is working on with the Alamo Drafthouse. I didn't say much. Alex did most of the talking. But they were nice guys and we totally dont mind being filmed for something like that.

Tonight is a show for a commune style living situation on campus called the 21st street CO-OP

SXSW starts wednesday. Everyone has parties they are RSVPing to and I just stare blankly at the screen wondering what to do. One of these years I am going to take it seriously and hit up everything I can think of. Buy the damn badge and just go wild.

Still keeping our fingers crossed a SX gig will manifest itself. Probably not. But maybe. No actually probably not.

No comments: