Friday, December 23, 2011

2011

Pretty interesting year.

I moved into my own place after having lived with a friend for about a year and a half. I went through a death in the family, a breakup, a full year of self employment, started working out consistently, got a pet, wrote a book, started up a mastermind group, finished tracking an album, developed a deeper interest in politics and economics and successfully paid off my taxes for 2010 (in December haha).

Sounds like a busy year but it really didn't feel that way. I have spent too much time in this apartment and that distorts everything from my emotions to my feelings of accomplishment.

I want more for 2012. Better relationships, better income, more traveling, more music, less isolation, more/better sex.

I also want to be present in the moment and learn to feel more peace with my situation and where I am while at the same time striving to better myself. I want to continue to dissect the lies my negative inner voice convinces me of. Less knee-jerk emotion founded on cloudy hypotheses. I want more truth.

I want to continue the good trends. I am seeing real gains with working out so I want to up that. I want to branch into yoga and more full body exercise. I want to really hit the marketing of my book and create new products. I want to have our CD release and see how the world accepts our album. I want to possibly start a new project with new musicians.

I want to read more. Get out more. See more good films. Continue to develop a healthy social life with intelligent people who offer my life something other than a drinking buddy. This is a challenge at 33.

In fact here are some of my biggest challenges;

1. Procrastination

I am a professional. I have to treat this like a petulant child and reign him in. Procrastination is not only a total waste of my valuable time, it also affects my self-esteem. If I think of something that needs to be done, I need to act immediately. In business this is called speed of implementation and a big factor in a successful entrepreneur's mindset. I see this is true across all aspects of life.

2. Loneliness

One of my more prominent emotions. I want to get to the heart of this because most of this emotion is founded on total bullshit and self deprecation. But it affects my whole life. My drive, my current relationships, my actions. There is a message in it and I have not gotten to the truth of it yet. Getting out of the house will help with this somewhat and being more proactive about handling it rather than letting it own me. Like any emotion I am in total control and have no one to blame but myself for not making it serve me to my benefit.

3. Foresight

Part of this has to do with procrastination but I want to start preparing for things better. Making decisions with long-term goals in mind. My twenties were devoid of foresight. Which may explain why I have little to show for them.

Theres a lot more but I suddenly want to do something else. Soooooo

4. Following through with things

No comments: