Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Let me see if I can explain this cause its worth documenting:

Today I was a bit bummed about some typical daily stuff we all get consumed by and I was feeling restless and down. I stepped outside to check my mail and noticed the weather was fantastic. I decided to open the door while I worked and went back to my desk and put on Pandora.

While completely consumed in my work I quickly noticed that dull feeling of sadness was gone. I searched for it and realized its because of the weather being so nice, the smell of outside and the music being so good. While my conscious worked, my unconscious processed the new environment I gave myself and I got a hit of some good chemicals in my brain and I didnt even really try.

I've never before been so aware of how your environment shapes things for you unconsciously. Neat.

No comments: