Friday, December 19, 2014

This blog is a joke now. I have completely abandoned it. But this is a big enough thing for me to break the silence.

When I was a kid I used to watch Comedy Central when it was just videos of comics doing their sets. I used to watch it until I was sick of it and then I would still watch it. I then spent years wanting to get the nerve to try it for myself. I had no clue if I had what it takes but I knew how much I appreciated it as an art form. I dreamed that one day I could do the same.

Tonight I realized that dream. I did a 10 minute set in front of a crowd of about 30-40 people and I completely owned it. Plainly put... I killed.

Friends came and were shocked I had it in me. Little do they know I worked and worked and worked on those 10 minutes. I had at least 20 pages of material that I finally weeded down to 4. And it went beyond my expectations. I know that if I continue this whole thing these kinds of triumphs will be few and far between. But fuck it this is a win of the best kind so tonight I celebrated.

I cannot believe what just happened. I woke up this morning with a knot in my chest. I was afraid. But the time came and I completely killed. I feel like Im brand new. I can do anything now. I feel alive for the first time in awhile. And it only took the appreciation of complete strangers.

Here is a pic of me backstage and terrified. 


No comments: