Monday, April 21, 2008

Busiest Weekend of My Life

Kevin's wedding went great. I didn't lose the rings. I toasted without stammering like a jackass. I was a great best man if I do say so myself. I then flew out of Houston and was picked up by the guys in Harlingen with no hassles. We drove to the beach and walked around and took some cool pics.

The festival went great but in more unexpected ways. First the stage was huge. Travis was on a riser that literally lifted him off the ground a good 4 or 5 feet. The monitors were great and I could hear myself clearly. The sound guy was just a guy so he didn't mix the instruments in the monitors well (in all fairness I didnt really ask either so maybe it was my fault) but we banged it out regardless. Not near as many people watched us as I would have expected but afterwards we were bum rushed by some folks and told some very nice things. We signed several peoples CDs and people actually bought a few shirts.

We were given the chance to play for a lady's daughter's graduation party. Its going to have to be a decent compensation to make the driving and lugging worth it. More on that later.

Big show next Tuesday with a signed band. I cant wait to get back into the depths of a cool, dark and small bar to play our music. It just sounds good that way.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

ok so...
1. how the heck does a cousin get a friggin Tshirt around here?
2. congrats on the big festival- sorry about the sound crap but congrats on the fans :) I can't believe you're really doing it- I'm so effing proud
3. so when are you guys doing a show in Dallas?
4. I'll be in Austin May 18 weekend- any shows?
5. love you very much and I can't wait to see more of you guys.