Thursday, May 7, 2009

emotions

I was in a pretty terrible mood yesterday.

Rough day at work yada yada but I started thinking about emotions.

Bill Hicks said that life is just ride. He then repeated it. "Just a ride."

to paraphrase... Some people make their bank accounts mean a lot some people dont. Some people just generally take the ride more seriously than others.

His words at one time didn't really mean much to me. Just a ride. But that's exactly what it is. Just a series of emotion after emotion until you pass away. What happens to you externally has no bearing on your life. Its how you experience and react to those external stimuli that matters.

I like Bill Hicks. He wasn't a roll on the floor laughing kind of comedian but he was pretty damn awesome. Poor guy didn't deserve to go. (pancreatic cancer?) I really want to see what he has to say about the world today.

No comments: