Friday, June 26, 2009

michael jackson

guess I should weigh in...

it strikes me as strange that the only time you will truly be celebrated in a BIG way is when you die. There will never be more appreciation, respect for your contributions, and just plain outpouring of emotion. I know that's kind of a "well duh" kind of statement but just watching all this media (every radio station, every channel) it just seems ironic that the guy was essentially considered a washed up weirdo just a few days ago.

It reminds me that this kind of attention has little to do with him and more to do with the experiences of other people. So we are basically celebrating our memories and experiences and this man happens to be the catalyst this time around.

But at least I get to see what absolute media dominance looks like. Wow.

No comments: