Tuesday, June 23, 2009

my friend returns (and crazy serendipity ensues)

so Michelle has returned from her sojurn to Virginia with her boyfriend. They are now broken up (surprise!) and she is back for good. (its been about 7 months)

We went to a little local bar last night and met abe for a reunion beer. As we were chatting I mentioned about how the band is soundproofing Alex's room and we are trying to figure out the best way to go about this...

out of nowhere a dude chimes in "You looking for soundproofing? I have a shitload of very high end soundproofing gear I can sell you for pennies on the dollar"

Im interested stranger. Go on.

He turned out to be the CEO of Rozone productions and as he was talking to me about soundproofing he took out two tickets to the Blondie/Pat Benetar/The Donnas show in August and handed them to me. His company is hosting the show. He then starts asking about my band and I tell him we just released our ep. He said "Well I am the guy to talk to about that" and asked I send one his way when we get them. Apparently hes worked with Ghostland Observatory and other bands so this could be a cool opportunity.

If anything we can get some cheap ass soundproofing done which is all I can hope for. Anything else loftier I will just wait and see what happens. I know promises are a dime a dozen in this industry...

Also something worth mentioning. Michelle stayed on my couch last night and in the middle of the night slept-walked outside and laid down in the grass. The sprinklers turned on and she got soaked. Hilarious.

No comments: