Monday, December 14, 2009

Good practice

Tonight was cool. We started out shitty. But somewhere in the middle of running the set twice we sort of fell into this zone. Its really hard to describe but its almost as if some other autopilot aspect of your brain takes over and suddenly everything becomes much easier and you relax and start singing and playing better. I was nailing harmonies, little dynamics of my playing were tasteful and solid.

My goal is to take those moments into our shows and bypass nerves and unfamiliar sound equipment to play like that every single time. Its really really hard. It has happened a handful of times since Ive been playing with these guys and I can only assume more shows will mean more experiences like that until they start happening frequently.

anyway weird post but its on my mind. I feel good. Friday will be good.

No comments: