Sunday, November 6, 2011

my band is pretty much in limbo right as we finish our album. It sucks a bit. None of us are very into it. We spent a year on the album and I like 3 or 4 songs on it so while excited to get those heard by people, I definitely see that this is the last leg of the band and Im not necessarily broken-hearted about it.

We've been together since 2007 which is crazy. I posted a lot of entries on this blog about my experiences. I had a lot of great memories. Also I have never had so much silent interpersonal strife in my entire life. Volumes of things unsaid behind tightly sealed lips. Nights of mock conversations where I just let it out as if people were standing there. Lost sleep. Fantasies of punching people. Seriously the things you read about with bands are true.

You take egos and creativity and you can get some very bad things.

But I know with the passing of time there will be no hard feelings or bad juju. It was a great period of my life. I learned a hell of a lot about myself in some very unexpected ways. Overall we were very respectful to each other and if not friends, at least cordial associates (as stuffy as that sounds).

I still want to play music. I have no clue where to take it. But its not gone.

No comments: