Thursday, May 17, 2012

Google Maps Updated

Here is the plot of land where my old house used to be.

The earlier search version had an old pic showing the house still standing. I knew it was a matter of time before Google updated the photo, completely erasing any visual representation of what it once was. Luckily I have a photo or two of it. And the screenshot I took before it updated. (genius)



I have memories of being drunk and crying in that vacant lot after sneaking under the fence and walking down to the river to see what became of it. I also stole a no trespassing sign from that fence. They have not added another which is great.

I dig the driveway leading to nothing. No need to get rid of that.

Good riddance Channelview TX. You have turned into an ugly thing. May you be completely razed to the ground one day.

No comments: