Monday, October 15, 2012

I went to ACL yesterday. The standout show for me was the Avett Brothers. Their lyrics make me feel like I'm morally and spiritually bankrupt sometimes. I want that level of hopeful sincerity. Red Hot Chili Peppers closed the night up and despite them having very talented musicians in the band (Flea is a modern day Jaco Pastorius), I thought they sort of sucked. Bad songs are bad songs regardless of how technically flawless they are executed. Under the Bridge was kinda interesting because that song is indelibly burned into my brain from high school. Crystal Castles had sound problems but it seemed like something I could get into. Civil Wars also had sound problems and I was too far away to hear them. They were probably amazing. Two Door Cinema Club surprised me with infectious dancy pop. I watched a bit of Iggy and The Stooges but honestly it only interested me historically. The music was just terrible garage shit and a shirtless old man running around awkwardly.

There were a lot more people this year it seemed. Not sure but I think they let more and more people in every year and it becomes this sea of people. I was in the middle of a giant mob moving in different directions and just completely overwhelmed with humanity. I also felt old as I oggled ridiculously hot chicks who were probably barely 21. Enjoy it now ladies. Its coming for you too.

Today I write a check to the IRS. A large check. I have potential clients in the pipeline. I am wary of my ability to bring results for a couple of them. But I'm going to try.

I have not worked out in weeks. I can tell. Time to get things back on track. I've been slacking on a lot of things and Im pretty dissatisfied with my motivation levels lately.


No comments: