Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Show - and we still remain nameless

Well look at that. I haven't written in a long time. I don't know how it happens but time seems to just go. New Years was okay, I have some new motivation techniques I'm trying out because I am a total slacker and vow to change that for 2008.

anyway I read a great (and simple) quote today....

"Half of being smart is knowing what your dumb at. "

I see that with my writing/music/life. I am fully aware of my limitations. Almost cripplingly. But I bet my favorite artists had issues that haunted their self esteem as well. They were smart enough to not let it kill their motivation and focus on what they were good at.

with that being said lets talk about some very good news.

The show at Trophy's is now moved back to January 29th. Ill post more details as the date gets closer but the band is all pretty stoked that we get more time to get solid. I've done a few open mics since then and I'm trying to get the booking guy, Rob @ Egos to come see the show. He said he'll make it and seemed genuinely interested but who knows. My fingers are crossed.

There is so much I want to do with this band but we have to take it step by step. Its good to have that feeling of unlimited potential though and I truly believe we are on to something good.
The guys are insanely talented, all around nice and I'm happy to have met them. Sure there will be setbacks but that is half the fun right? Right?

So we need a name. A good one. Short of cutting up words and tossing them in a bag and shaking them around, I am at a loss. Any ideas oh faithful readers? All 3 of you. Hi mom.

Kevin said we should go by "the shit"

"hello everyone we are the shit" heh.

No comments: