Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Goodbye Saturn

i bought a used car yesterday...hyundai sonata. Its a luxury vehicle compared to the saturn.

All I have to say is the car buying process sucks. I am not a fan of talking to car salesmen.

One question... why did the finance manager not even have a calculator I could use?

Power.

The car is actually an 08 that used to be a rental car but its looks clean inside and out. 36000 miles or so. car payments... 158 a month. I put a big chunk down. I made them show me a carfax report. I didnt let them try to talk me into lower monthly payments and asked for the FINAL price I would get after finance charges etc.

Overall I give myself a 7 in negotiating. My saturn was literally on its last breath so I was a bit pressed to get something that day so I should have went to my bank for a better APR. I kinda got screwed but I believe I can refinance at some point so that takes care of that.

My brain raced as I dealt with these people and I learned a lot about what to do next time I buy a better car. Overall I am satisfied and just hope the car doesnt turn out to have problems.

No comments: