Monday, February 20, 2012

Back from the event. My whole life was wrapped up in this thing over the weekend.

I did very well with coaching. Few people threw questions at me I didnt know. I impressed the company hosting the event. I watched some pretty masterful sales presentations. I've seen first-hand that the concepts work for people who take action so while a lot of this weekend was being in a "sales" environment I didnt feel like the speakers or my hosts were at all disingenuous. In fact the attendees were all super enthusiastic and complimentary about the whole experience.

I handed out a lot of business cards so maybe a few of those leads will turn into new clients. I need to follow up. I also got some new ideas Id like to try out, particularly selling ebooks on Amazon Kindle.

Socially it was also an interesting weekend. I met a lot of different people from 19 year old phenoms making more money per year than the average adult will their entire lives, husband and wife duos looking to start making money online, ridiculously hot opportunists looking for a man to bankroll them, outgoing speakers, weird introverts and everything in between.

My hosts paid for an evening out where they reserved a section of a fairly snooty bar. I had fun but the venue was not really my style. They did take us out for barbecue at the Salt Lick which is just crazy awesome barbecue.

Overall an exhausting weekend. 24 hours of my time (give or take). Hopefully the check will be sizeable enough to be worth it. The networking and ideas sparked alone was worth it, I just need to make sure to follow up.

Back to my normal life. Hopefully a little more inspired to take action and get closer to my goals and finish my to-do lists. On the list is finding a new home for this cat, hanging my guitars up on the wall for a nice form meets function wall art project, preparing for Panama next month, getting a new iphone I dropped over the weekend (cracked screen), disputing a parking ticket, cleaning this apt from top to bottom including shampooing the carpet, yada yada. Pulse-pounding living I tell ya.

No comments: