Thursday, February 16, 2012

I will be attending an internet marketing event Friday, Saturday and Sunday as a coach rather than a participant. There are 6 total coaches and we are going to end up dividing 8% of the gross sales among ourselves.

I have no clue what to expect with this event but its exciting. I am going to be treated as the professional I am and share what I know with other marketers. I will also be expected to close the sale and get the people I coach to sign up for the paid coaching sessions that the event is promoting. So that could be a challenge because I am not experienced in face to face selling.

I'm hoping the networking aspect of this event alone is worth the weekend. I have business cards printed up and will definitely talk up my personal services I offer. That's my real goal. Get my name out there more. Spread my income across more than just 2 clients.

In other news I have to stop drinking so much. I stayed home tonight and its the first night I haven't had alcohol in me in something like a week. I dont get wasted every night but a buzz every night cant be good for my health. I felt sluggish and slightly ill today and Im pretty sure that's the reason.

Drinking is such a common method of socializing in this town. Everyone does it. I need to get out the house, so I get out. Then I end up having a beer. Then a couple more. Its cutting years of my life off Im sure. Tie in my casual smoking and Im a complete idiot.

Last night was okay. I ended up at a dance club with a friend of mine I dated several years ago. She looked fantastic. We flirted, held hands and danced but our dynamic is very strange. Both of us don't seem to want to take it to where it used to be so we didn't even kiss or make plans to hang out again. I actually consider her a good friend. The mutual attraction pushes it just slightly over the friend level but not enough to act on it in a sexual way. Hard to explain.

She just got out of a breakup but for some reason was hanging out with the guy and his new girlfriend. On Valentines day no less. Blew my mind. Shes a very smart gal but apparently a masochist. She left the club upset which didn't surprise me. I convinced her to come get me and we went to a diner and hung out a bit more before calling it a night.

Now I prepare for the 3 day event. Gotta get in elbow brushing mode. Wish me luck.

No comments: