Sunday, July 5, 2009

San Antonio and our A Game

Last night was exactly the progress I want us to move towards as a band.

We controlled our tempos, I settled into a decent vocal performance, we actually interacted with the audience, Daniel set his snare actually IN the audience to jump into the crowd and proceed to double drum the last song into oblivion. Showmanship, solid performances and the audiences faces were thoroughly melted. One dude who had never seen us described it to me as simply "art". That felt good. I felt good. And who knows it might have looked exactly like previous performances but my own personal psychology was much more affected this time around. Not sure exactly what it was.

I am fully confident in us as a live entity in our ideal state. (consistency will now be the key word).

Bring on the Mohawk. Fingers crossed we can bring this same thing Tuesday night.

No comments: