Wednesday, August 19, 2009

checked out a really cool wine bar Monday. I stumbled onto the open mic they host every Monday and got to play a couple songs. It had been so long since I played one of them I forgot one of the chords and sort of stumbled through it every time I came to it. Funny because I have played that song MANY times.

But it felt really good to play quiet stuff again. We are normally just so loud and energetic there is something I miss about playing intensely quiet and revealing songs. I had a few great reactions and it made me want to start incorporating more of that into the band.

But I can feel attention wane when I try to do these things. This upsets me somewhat in that what I know to be well-written songs (slightly biased opinion of course) have instrumental parts that arent necessarily mind blowing which possibly bores the guys and I end up nixing it. Sucks. I guess maybe that's what solo projects are for.

No comments: