Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chi Town







Wow I do love Chicago. Everything is huge there. The buildings, the city blocks, the pizza and burgers.

The people are friendly (i met several strangers and had great conversations with them)

Lolla was good. I never walked so much in my life (hotel to show and back each day). I wanted to go out each night but I literally could barely walk and I had ZERO energy. We managed to hit a couple pubs but I did not have the strength to throw down like I wanted to. The sun and standing just works a number on my old ass.

Phone died. Got a new one. Iphone for $100. These pics were actually taken with said phone. This trip has officially broken me financially. =)

Dug the El.

Dug the women. Hot.

Gotta go back.

But now that Im back I realize everything I left just patiently waited for me. I have to be out of this apartment by Sunday. I have to catch up at work. So many band loose ends to deal with. At least Im not bored.

2 comments:

That Birdhouse said...

glad to hear you had a good time man. you didn't mention any of the bands you saw though? who'd you see and who was awesome?

- said...

Well the lineup didnt exactly blow me away but there were some good bands. Vampire Weekend was great. Atmosphere was good. Snoop Dogg was surprisingly entertaining. Tool was impeccable though not exactly my style of music. Jane's Addiction was okay (Perry Ferrel's voice was a bit weak), Cold War Kids were great, Depeche Mode was good. Nothing really sucked. But nothing really just knocked me out either.