Friday, January 22, 2010

Tonight baby

No clue what to expect. Every single show I have ever played has always had something about it that I did not expect. Crowd size smaller or larger than anticipated. Audience reactions being lukewarm when I thought we kicked ass. Audience response being incredible when i thought we sucked ass. Sound being shitty/great, soundmen being shitty/nicer than expected, etc.

So tonight is going to be interesting. I have seen 3 separate facebook events created for this and each has a decent amount of people as confirmed guests. I am actually a little nervous for this one. Its the 4th top pick for things to do this evening in Austin. on http://do512.com/

In other news we have befriended an amazing soundguy who wants to work with us specifically and help us book shows and be there at others to handle the sound. This is huge because shitty soundmen are common and this guy takes his craft very seriously and only works with a few people in this capacity.

And just this very second a girl texted me saying she is driving with her windows down listening to one of our songs.

I hope 2010 keeps this momentum. I'll have to beat my inner-cynic up and tell him to shut his stupid mouth for a change.

No comments: