Thursday, March 29, 2012

3ds

Tomorrow I will take part in a very unique program at the University of Texas called 3 Day Start Up.

Over the course of the weekend myself and a group of people will split up and conceive, create and then pitch a business idea to an investor... all within the span of 72 hours.

My buddy who has attended the program and is now an organizer actually got me in with his recommendation so I am a bit of a wildcard. I am excited to take part in this and he tells me its going to be eye opening and intense.

The group consists of MBA students, coders, previous graduates, wildcards like myself and others. It seems the ideas weigh heavily to smartphone applications but I'm sure there will be all kinds of ideas thrown around. Basically I will pick the idea that resonates with me, get in their group and bang out something in 72 hours that an investor might be interested in funding. I have a unique skillset that I think will benefit my group.

So this weekend will be light on sleep and comfort zone stretching. If an idea takes then the people involved get a piece of ownership which is exciting

I look at it as a win/win because I will meet a bunch of future business owners that could use my services one day anyway so I'm pretty sure these connections will work out for me on some level

No comments: