Thursday, March 22, 2012

PanamAwesome

ha! Nice title.

Okay guess I should post before I start forgetting things.

The trip was killer. The 2 smartest things we did were to rent a car and buy a cheap cell phone with prepaid minutes.

I snorkeled around reefs with colorful fish, hiked a bit, gambled, conversed with locals, watched boats pass through the Panama Canal, took trips across the country (2 hours and you are on the other side), saw crystal clear water, white sand beaches, white mixed with black sand beaches, stayed at the penthouse of a building in downtown Panama, ate Amazing food, saw a bar full of prostitutes (literally 100% of the women were prostitutes), took boats to islands, experienced the worst traffic I have ever seen in my entire life, ran into weird cab drivers, visited a 4 story mansion directly on the beach, stayed at a hostel tucked away in the jungle of an oceanside town (owned by a guy who gave up the corporate life, sailed around the world and finally stopped in Panama), Got lost in barrios that make East Austin look like Beverly Hills, did I mention the traffic? Seriously Lawless traffic... the whole town is full of madmen drivers.

My client was beyond hospitable. He owns 4 floors of a building downtown so they had plenty of room for us. His wife cooked for us and was super sweet also. They took us to meet their friends who were from Austin who sold everything and moved to the beach.

Im forgetting a lot of things but as I recall interesting experiences I will post them here. I took a lot of videos so hopefully posting them wont be difficult.

I return with a fresh perspective on things. I am driven to flesh out my career and start taking it seriously. I want to take more trips, meet more cool people and have more fun. The cool part is I am happy to be back in Austin and start being productive.

No comments: