Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Beautiful Day In Austin

So the open mic went very well. I was offered a showcase spot January 15th. A full band is allowed so this gives me incentive to get the guys together and work on a 45 minute set. We'll see if we can pull it off in time. Regardless I have the spot solo or with a band.

Today is gorgeous here in Austin. Perfect weather.

I've been thinking that I want to go look at the moon through the UT telescope again. If you get a chance to do it, go. Its free and the moon looks incredible that big. The last time I went the speaker in the observatory had to hold the telescope for everyone due to some mechanical failure so I didn't get to check it out like I wanted. I'm going back and that thing better be fixed.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So...
Congrats on getting the showcase spot... I mean, you deserve it because you have an awesome sound. I'm glad you used your new music too- like starting fresh.
I'll be in town right after thanksgiving probably to new years (even though that means missing mom's bday- vernon is throwing a surprise party and I haven't been invited yet...) so we should hang. I'd love to go see the moon through the big telescope- so give me a heads up about it and I'll be there.

- said...

yeah the craters are enormous. Its the coolest free thing to do on campus in my opinion.