Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Living in North Austin

Sometimes I wonder what I am doing here. My work being 2 minutes away is one thing. So possibly its the proximity. But today I honestly could not remember how I got here.

The collared shirts and khakis of the locals bore me to no end. Everything is too perfect with geometric master planned blocks of various shopping and restaurants laid out as far as I can see. SUVs with the same 30 somethings driving with the same expressions. Even the trees feel strategic.

Conversational prisons. Its always about the same shit. I have nothing in common with almost everyone I meet around here. Too much sanity. Which as we all know is simply some sort of really hidden repression. Please stop talking about your job for 3 seconds, I am going to strangle you.

My days are corporate. My nights are either recovering in a daze watching the discovery channel or escaping through music or beers/ cigarettes. sometimes sex. not near enough sex.

Maybe its why i gravitate towards the weird people. If I meet someone who strikes me as slightly crazy I am instantly inspired. I want to know more. I want to join in the fun. I love the surrealism they bring.

And I think about a woman I cant quite make out, but I feel her radiance. I see bits of her in different people. And its enough for now.

No comments: