Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bad dreams and the Muse is a Cocktease

so I had this dream I was about to go on stage for a very high profile show. I could hear a lot of people waiting for our entrance and I was excited and happy to get out there. Suddenly a woman runs up to me with a piece of paper in her hand and tells me shes sorry to tell me this but kevin was killed. He was hit by a car. What a time to tell me my best friend is dead. Thanks lady.

I got down on the floor and just laid there face down in front of a crowd of backstage people. It was a terrible dream and I need to call him and make sure everythings alright. For some reason I'm thinking it was while jogging so I texted him this AM to be careful. I think some dreams should not be ignored.

In more cheerful news, Craig is coming down from Houston on Saturday. I think we'll try to get some frisbee golf going. I hope the weather holds up. For those that have not experienced a pretty Austin day, I pity you. Its damn nifty.

Ive been thinking about deja vu today. It seems I have it more frequently when I am enjoying my life. For instance, now that I have crawled out of my 2 year creative coma, I feel in touch with the unseen more than usual. I guess that explains my recent creative hurricane; as anyone in the arts will tell you is a mysterious and sometimes surreal feeling. Like you don't really write the songs/paint the pictures/etc. Its more like snagging the muse as she flies by. After a week passes, it feels like I am playing someone else's song.

This sort of helps me keep my ego in check because I never really feel like I am completely responsible for my material. That and the other 3000 shitty songs I have written. Seriously I think the ratio is like 1 good song for every 1000 shitty ones.

The muse is a cocktease and I am always chasing her down.

No comments: