Monday, September 8, 2008

Around the Bend

so all my fun goals for my 30th are falling through.

No Europe.

No Big show at the children's museum.

I could be unhappy but I'm not. We are going to have a party an Daniel's house on the 20th. No music but plenty of fun

And we'll have a show sometime around the 2nd week of October.

I'm actually looking forward to this "milestone". I live in one of the greatest cities in America. I am finally making ok money in a job I actually like and the women around here are ridiculously hot. Our EP is going to open a lot of new doors that have been previously unopened for us.

I tend to battle with contentment and optimism from time to time but thats only because I'm pushing myself (both consciously and unconsciously) to live the life I know I deserve.

I want a kickass band that develops a decent following

I want a beautiful, smart, sexy woman who I am crazy about

I want a decent income that allows me to save and do cool things

I want a group of friends that are positive and fun to be around

I want excellent health so I have the energy necessary to have this life

Now what can I do to make these things a reality? Sometimes it seems impossible but tonight it seems very very simple.

I used to dread leaving my 20s. But I never had this kind of clarity. The world felt like it was controlling me, rather than my controlling it. But in these last few months Ive gone from a job I hated, no creative outlet and no confidence.....to the polar opposite of these things. And none of it happened purely by chance. It was a perfect combination of effort, following up with opportunities that presented themselves, and an honest belief I was on the right track.

My thirties are going to kick some ass.

No comments: