Friday, September 5, 2008

good mojo

the recordings are still moving along...

Last night was something I had been dreading for weeks.

We have a part in one of our songs where I wail on the electric (as much as I can wail) and when we do it live its something that sort of just hits me and I nail it, but in the studio I felt stilted/psyched out, the tone wasn't right, and it was all around crappy sounding.

Well our super talented engineer Daniel found a guitar effect in his computer that sounded amazingly similar to our live sound. This of course is amazing to me because believe it or not guitar tone is mind-numbingly complex, but within minutes Daniel found something that was damn close.

A few takes and I nailed it. I was sweating balls too. I had to do it right. I hope it sounds good after going back and listening to it. Either way everything is still moving forward bit by bit. We have some shows coming up soon as well. We havent played since late July. =(

No comments: