Tuesday, June 28, 2011

training a replacement

My overly frugal client wants to hand my services off to his office guy to save money. His employee will probably end up asking for more money with the added responsibility so my boss is essentially saying "here lets give your money to someone else"

The office guy is my friend unfortunately and Im happy he has the opportunity to make more money. But unfortunately its at my expense. 30% of my income.

And now my boss wants me to train him on how I do what I do.

Part of me is like FUCK THAT. But I don't want to burn bridges. And hes willing to pay me for my time.

Im going over my options. I might just ask for a solid amount of cash AND him using his clout to help me find new clients.

Shitty situation. Its just business but its messy.

No comments: