Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I wanna have friends....

Goodman is heading back to Tennessee.

Hes a lawyer. Austin is not the place to make that happen.

We talk about the meaninglessness of things. Trying to find a reason to make it feel important. Yet not lie to ourselves. He read me things he wrote that made me cry. His talent was beyond pleasantries.

Goodman is leaving Austin.

He was picky with the women here. Never quite sure what he wanted. But boy the ladies loved him. He was a Paul Rudd lookalike with a great sense of humor.

He sat across from Mary's terrible friends trying to be bitches and eviscerated them with a hilarious and complete lack of caring for how awful they were as people. That night he was my hero.

Goodman is gone and I hope to visit him someday. He was a friend. As I age its harder to meet them. Cheers to him and wishing him best in his endeavors.

No comments: