Sunday, July 24, 2011

5 Moments of Awesome

This is my 501st post. Cool.

here are 5 moments from my life that felt awesome.

1. When I was about 12 I was in karate at the YMCA. At my first and only karate meet I kicked a board and broke it. We got three tries and I did it on my third. I was supposed to put my arms by my side and bow to the Sense. I couldn't put my arms down, they were held above my head in triumph as I bowed.

2. When I got on the bus one day and a girl quickly handed me a note, not making eye contact. On the note was something about me being cute written about a thousand times.

3. GI Joe had a base. It was a huge plastic playscape complete with a little prison to put captured Cobra members. I got it for Christmas and just about had an aneurysm.

See it here

4. Getting a date with Loreece. She was so hot I simply couldn't process it.

5. My little youth group went on a trip to the zoo. I was climbing Miller Outdoor Theatre and hit my face against a rusted beam. It caused an abrasion between my eyes, right above my nose. One of those abrasions that looks like its bleeding but theres still one layer of skin left so no blood actually goes anywhere. I was mortified and wanted to stay in the van all day. The whole group took lipstick and put it on their faces so we all looked the same and my fragile self image could be protected.

Its good to remember things. You should try this little experiment too. 5 Moments of Awesome. Go!

1 comment:

That Birdhouse said...

congrats on the 501st post. keep it up man!