Monday, July 18, 2011

Tuning in

When the craziness was going on with the family I had some weird experiences.

One in particular was the night before my uncle and I rushed to Houston to get power of attorney over my grandmothers finances. We had set a date to get it done and planned on meeting in Houston later in the month.

But then I had a weird dream the next morning just as I was about to wake up. It was more of a visual image rather than a series of events. My arm had a big razor held to it and it was pulling slowly against the grain. I would try to pull it away but I couldnt move.

I woke up with the distinct thought that I needed to get the power of attorney taken care of ASAP. The correlation doesn't even really make logical sense but it was a crystal clear thought when I opened my eyes.

I planned to call my uncle around 8 that morning and tell him my thoughts. Instead he called me. "We need to get this taken care of immediately".

I told him I felt the exact same way and explained I was dreaming weird things and wanted to get it done. He said his wife too had had dreams that night that made her wake up and decide we need to do it sooner.

That was enough for me. We left that day and got it done. The experience was hassle free and the day flowed smoothly as I knew it would.

I remember waking up from the dream with an actual physical sensation in my head. Like a slightly charged, buzzing feeling. It was odd.

In that situation my intentions were pure. I wanted the safety of my grandmother. I feel the Universe (or whatever) often gives you what you want in those situations. I felt in alignment with something powerful and good.

I have been going back and forth these days with my opinions on the ethereal and whether or not there is anything beyond the senses I have been given. I wrestle with my understanding of science and psychology (not exactly "extensive") and my often strange experiences that make me feel connected to something beyond me.

I want to get closer to that source, whatever it may be. I want to believe there are things beyond my senses that actually have my best interest in mind. I want to believe I can be nudged in the right direction towards a beautiful life. And yet have it be something that I designed with my free will. Its beyond Christianity, Buddhism, New Age concepts. Those are all different reactions to the same hunch. That something is out there and its in your best interest to align with whatever it may be.

No comments: