Monday, August 18, 2008

the bachelor party (rather tame)

So me and 7 other guys went to Corpus to celebrate our friend Todd's bachelor party. I had a lot of fun but it wasn't near as crazy as it could have been. Most of the guys were married or had serious girlfriends so myself and the only other single guy were a bit outnumbered. He was a divorcee with a 5 year old. And 3 years younger than me.

Something tells me this situation is going to be a more common occurrence as the years go by. It seems all the people I know are getting married or are damn close to it around the age of 28 or so. I am that one friend that everyone has...that one guy who just cant hold down a girlfriend. The guy people hope meets a nice girl soon. Sometimes envied, sometimes pitied; all depending on the state of each man's union with the aforementioned significant other. I'm okay with that. Every situation has its perks.

Still it was good to meet new people and have some laughs this weekend. Glad to be back in Austin though. And those boxes aren't going to unpack themselves.

I'm going crazy not having the internet at home. I think its the one thing I really couldn't do without. Tomorrow the glorious Time Warner dude will show up and connect me to the world again.

No comments: