Tuesday, August 5, 2008

more recording tonight

this past weekend went well. Daniel laid down some great guitar tracks and the songs are sounding good so I feel a lot better about them. We go back again tonight for more of the same.

Then I'm supposed to head downtown and play Bill Davis' birthday party. He is the guy who gave us our first showcase at Trophies back in January (I find it awesome that I can actually go back in this blog and read about it). He now hosts the Tuesday night songwriters night at Headhunters and he asked me to play a few songs around midnight. It should be fun because the guy knows a lot of people and things usually get rowdy when he is around. Of course my music is the furthest thing from rowdy (and im rusty as hell) but Ill do it anyway.

No word on the raise. The big cheese said he needs to mull it over and honestly didn't think too much about it over the weekend. He still seemed positive that we can work something out so I am curious about the outcome but confident we can reach an agreement.

I move in 1 week. It sort of crept up on me so now I need to start getting things together. That extra bump in income sure would be appreciated right about now.....

2 comments:

Se Busca Revolucionario said...

i have a question for you...

how did you set up your you tube links on your side bar! i like that...

Michelle said...

congrats on the gig- love the old hookup. i hate moving... where are you moving to? you've been in that apt for a loonnng time...

good luck on the raise. I'm asking for mine next month... so keep me in mind.