Thursday, October 16, 2008

holy crap...a real date

by real I mean in purely the most shallow possible way.

I met a girl last Friday, had a decent conversation with her and got her number. (something I am pretty good at). Its the flaking afterward that is all too familiar to me. So needless to say my expectations were below low for a return call.

"Well did she?"

Yes pretend friend having this conversation with me! She returned my call at work today, said she couldn't make it tonight but would like to meet for coffee. I said Sunday at 2. She said sounds good.

"Yippee"

This wouldn't be a big deal to me either but this girl is ridiculously hot. Like, had I not been feeling saucy the other night she would have scared the hell out of me kind of hot.

"Oh yeah?"

Like, I-just-moved-to-Los Angeles-and-I-am-working-as-a-waitress-until-my-big-break kind of hot. and well read too. Im not a complete pig. Shes also a good girl who said she waits a long time before sex. I joked with her and told her its because she meets dork guys all the time.

"Was she a total stranger?"

She was friends with a girl who was friends with a guy I sort of know.

"Uh...So how did you approach her?"

I rolled up with a smirk and gave her and her friend shit for most of the conversation before letting the guard down and showing any remote level of niceness. She ignored a guy who drove into town to see her (of course) and had that little spark in her eye as we talked that I don't see near enough. The conversation finished with her saying "you're probably bad for me." I am rarely that guy for a girl.

Seriously if I can do this with girls of this calibre I am way underestimating myself. Of course she could be a total weirdo and nutcase and still flake....very real possibility she will flake actually, so I am keeping a level head. But if this turns out to be a good date, wow. Go me.

"Yeah man shes probably going to flake"

Shut the hell up you jealous bastard.

1 comment:

That Birdhouse said...

i had a girl one time say i was bad for her. the night ended when i insisted that people should begin to put deodorant on their feet. she did not concur.