Wednesday, December 10, 2008

emotional lockup

I just realized something. If I go too long without listening to good music...I mean really listening...and this usually means exploring new music...I start to lose my abilities to feel things on a meaningful level.

As melodramatic as that sounds its true. A new song can hit me just so, and a flood of feelings just rushes over me. Like.."where the hell have you been...here comes a little glimmer of what its like to be human again." and that totally rhymed so I know im in the zone.

And this is terrible because I dont listen to new music much lately. I tend to stick with what I have in my computer.

By the way I was listening to American Music Club's All the Lost Souls Welcome You to San Francisco when it hit me... It made me want to be in Europe again strangely. It made me make little movies of a life I never had but desperately want...and actually forgot I wanted.

I wanted a girlfriend (gasp!)...I wanted to smile with friends around me at some amazing party where we were all attending. All the people I love...in one place..no distance between us.

I think for my health i am going to buy several new CDs tomorrow.

No comments: