Monday, December 15, 2008

good weekend

this weekend was pretty cool. I still sort of wasted it but i did it without feeling hungover. Had one of those glorious open the window naps on Sunday afternoon. The day was breezy and perfect.

My friend Abe bought a house. Its a good market to buy a house. He said its already worth about 10,000 more than he bought it for. Instant equity. Pretty cool. After a year hes going to refinance, get the payments low and rent it out to people for a nice little positive cashflow.

I need to get my shit together and do something like this.

My friend Michelle is moving to Virginia with her new boyfriend. She came by to hang out and say goodbye. I questioned whether she should be moving with a guy she barely knows and wondered if she had any reservations. In the middle of talking about it she just sort of fell apart and told me how scared she was of making a bad decision.

We went to dinner with Abe, laughed a lot, and afterwards I made the goodbye quick and casual but I could see in her eyes she was sad to be leaving. Another friend scatters. I wish her luck. There's a good chance shell be back. :)

Worked more on the website. Worked meaning we got together and made decisions about what we liked, didnt like etc and passed it onto the web guy. We had some differing opinions but overall are pretty happy with everything. We meet another drummer wednesday and record thursday. The EP is almost done.

the end

No comments: