Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dating was so much easier when I was an asshole.

I've been on several dates lately where I think Im boring the women. Im nice. Im myself. Im not screwing with them enough.

Im trying to strike a balance between the dick that I was and the dude looking for something real. Its a fine line and I don't know if I have ever tried to walk it before.

I used to have pretty solid game and my life would involve multiple women at once. It was great but I wasn't remotely thinking long term. Now I am and have gone soft. You might recall a few posts back where I thought I found my mojo again. I did not. Somewhere on the date the woman realizes I am not much of a challenge and thats that. Disinterest. Imperceptible to both them and myself. I know this game. I used to deftly maneuver around it. But it required BS. I had hoped I would be able to step away from it. Think I might need to awaken Mr. Hyde again and see what happens.

Speaking of going soft, this is probably the longest sexless streak I have ever been on. I believe its pushing beyond 3 months. Strangely I am not clawing at the walls or anything. Its actually the opposite. When you're getting it regularly you want it more. When you go without you start to not even really want it. Its like nature is saying ok this guy is useless evolutionarily so instilling drive is a waste of our time here.

But Im approaching my mid thirties now (jeeeeesus) and I am definitely noticing a drop in libido. Working out helps but really I am not consumed with sex like I was in my teens and twenties. I remember times when my libido was a raging behemoth and I wanted to impregnate 97% of the women i would meet. I sort of miss it but I dont. It owned me. If I could have channeled half of that desire into my finances or hobbies I would be much better off now. Pretty sure that's a standard regret for lots of guys. No time like the present! Turn away from the hoohah! Focus on yourself dammit!

No comments: