Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I look around me and realize I have a non-traditional life.

Honestly you cant really compare your life to anyone else's from a value perspective but just a general survey via Facebook and my immediate surroundings shows me something that is atypical of people my age.

Most people in their late twenties/early thirties get married and have kids. Its just what people do. I am very far away from either of those things. But I found it funny that profile after profile are recently married people and/or people taking pictures of their kids.

Apparently kids are a joyous thing for most people. Enough to be nauseatingly invasive with their pictures. I would probably be the same way. But don't those parents realize they just made a 200K+ investment with ZERO guarantees. Of course they don't. We are driven to breed and I will be there one day as well.

So what exactly is wrong with me?

I know I have been commitment-phobic throughout my twenties but that isn't horribly rare. I have dated women but usually with a disposable mentality. The good ones just didn't work out. I take a lot of the responsibility but I also see their additions to the fallout.

I didn't plan on it or even consider it but at this point I am facing a world where most awesome gals have been snatched up or knocked up or are too young to be awesome just yet.

My choices come down to women with kids, divorced women or young gals in their 20s who don't know what the hell they want. Show me a cute, smart, funny, unmarried, undivorced, childless 30 something and I will introduce you to Santa.

Its a rough situation that will only get more real as I get older. I go to bars and meet women and it seems even more vapid than ever. Bars are obviously NOT the place to meet my woman. I understand this but when I work from home ALL day long I am ready to get out of the house. What is there to do after 8pm where a large number of attractive single females congregate? Bars of course.

I'm sure there are late night Yoga Classes and other great ideas so I am fully aware that I haven't given it my all but man I am not positive about my prospects lately. I am going to focus on setting myself up financially, working out, writing new music, hanging with my few friends, occasionally sleeping with women I don't really care about and going out dancing. Let the chips fall where they may.

No comments: