Saturday, October 1, 2011

Someday I will look down at my hands and see the hands of an old man. Ill go to the mirror and marvel at the fact that my youth is gone. Ill think back to the days surrounding my life right now and have things I wish I had changed, things I should have savored. Places i should have visited. People I should have kept in touch with. Women I should have fallen in love with. Apologies I should have given. Fear that held me back unnecessarily. The problem is even though I KNOW this, you simply cant force yourself to truly process it and understand it until it happens. I CAN force myself to have the discipline to take this moment seriously. This moment here. Its all I have. Everything else isn't real.

To paraphrase Kierkegaard, Life is lived forward but understood in reverse.

No comments: