Monday, October 3, 2011


I remember when I was 20 and I went to Paris with a group of students.

The newness of being in a foreign country was an overwhelming feeling of life. As if I were a new person in a new world. My senses were on fire.

The group went to a pub. While doing shots and having fun with these people, suddenly everyone had to leave. I was confused. Little did I realize it was because a girl in the group dug me and expressed interest in hanging out alone with me. The whole group collectively decided to make that happen.

There I sat in this pub on a major thoroughfare of Paris having drinks with a woman. She was way into me. I have no clue what we talked about. I do recall we stumbled back to the hotel, taking the long way, falling into alleys making out. Our energy was electric and couples on the street stopped us to talk. Our mood transcended the language barrier. For me, it was a night many other nights have been judged by.

For some reason this song is the embodiment of the way that night felt. The lyrics are incorrect but the vibe is spot on. Its being young and new and alive. I dig this memory and this song brings me there again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9WEeKYID4I

No comments: