Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Got a call from a fairly large company that wants to use me for consulting today over lunch. A quick $100 for an hour of my time. I could have asked for more but honestly I feel silly getting paid to give people my opinions. I suppose I should get over that. They are going to be making a lot of money with my advice. ;)

Weekend was good. Two friends from Houston joined me. We took the boat out, swam around, ate good Thai food, listened to music at my apartment, and acted like dorks half the time. Merged my Christian friend with a couple of my other friends which ended up being awkward for me in several places. I have great friends all around but many of them are polar opposites of each other. I wonder what that says about me?

Tonight I am meeting up with a friend to play some music. She has a great voice and we want to collaborate on some new stuff together. This is new to me because I have never worked with a female or an acoustic duo thing. I also plan on making some electronic music as soon as I buy the software. I want to really study other artists this time and see how they do what they do rather than being a purist. I used to want to ignore other artists work but I want to go the "copy your idols and then find your own voice" route this time around and see what happens.


No comments: