Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tucker Max

If you go to http://www.tuckermax.com/ you will find a collection of debaucherous stories from a man completely following his Id and being a hilarious yet despicable person. The guys books have been on the New York Times bestseller list for years.

I've visited the site several times throughout the years and laughed at his adventures and marveled at this guys complete lack of consideration for the opinions of others, his ability to get laid, etc. In a twisted way I envied him.

A recent article explains that now Tucker Max has retired from this style of writing and the lifestyle that fueled it. He admits those years of his life were an absolute mental sickness. Classic narcissistic personality disorder or whatever. Hes in psychotherapy and dealing with his issues.

The article is eye opening because you wonder what becomes of a man who lives like this. This is an honest look at the only logical outcome. His life got him famous. He has countless women wanting to sleep with him even though his stories are a feminist's worst nightmare. He has countless men worshiping him as the intelligent and drunken party guy who wasn't afraid to live life on his own terms. He's got millions of dollars. But under it all he explains how he's just a fucked up person and doesn't want to be that way anymore. He is actively dealing with his childhood traumas and trying to come out of it a different and better person.

I have long thought about going to a psychologist. I was hesitant due partly to pride and money but now I think I don't really have an excuse. I know a lot of people who say its completely changed their lives. I believe it. I used to envy Tucker Max. That's probably reason enough to go to therapy right there.


No comments: