Monday, August 27, 2012

reeling in the years...

Next month I will be 34. Holy crap!

Lets see about the 3 pillars here:

Health: My workouts have tapered off a bit which I need to get back to. I should probably also expand my routine to new workouts and really put more emphasis on my diet to see more results.

I have been also eating pretty badly lately. I have weird moments of uber health and then total disregard for what I am putting into my body. I do frequently drink pure pressed vegetable juice from Central Market that they make here in Austin, but its expensive. I should probably buy a juicer and make my own juice drinks.

Wealth: This category is probably the most developed for me right now. Simply put, I invested more time into it than anything and the rewards are becoming apparent. We're talking 2 years of slaving for a guy who paid me nothing, acquiring a valuable skillset in the process and then finally realizing the benefits of doing this for multiple people, rather than being someone's employee. Luckily, it turns out this is a white hot skillset that a lot of businesses need.

With this decision to be solo comes new stresses and obligations to deal with. But I would prefer them over the stress of a job I hated for an employer I despised and having a ceiling of potential income that I could never break through.

My savings are still pretty pathetic but if I can keep the momentum going the next few months will give me a lot of opportunity to make up for all the lost time.

Relationships: 

Family: This could be better. I don't communicate with them near enough. Facebook does not count. However I will post what my cousin said the other day on Facebook that I agree with:

Working at the VA has taught me one thing- my family has been blessed with a succession of amazing people who take care of their own. Our elderly have always had a place to stay, someone to take care of them, someone to support them, to love and care for them. We are beyond lucky to have each other and I'm proud/happy to be part of our clan. I will do the same one day. No one in our family goes homeless, without care, or unloved. Pack made. — 





Friends: Doing well here. I have a decent group of people I trust and confide in as well as have fun with. I can usually find someone who wants to hang out most nights of the week which is important when I am working alone all day.

Dating: Doing decent here as well but the depth of the relationships are lacking. I don't have anyone I feel strongly for and find myself going back and forth from wanting something serious to enjoying the fact that Austin has a near unlimited amount of beautiful women and adventure. I know I cant stay on this fence forever and think inevitably a fulfilling relationship is the goal, but honestly I am not worried about it at this point. In any situation, be it single or in a relationship, there are difficulties and specific emotions you have to deal with. I choose to not want but rather find the value in this exact moment, whichever that may be. Currently its single and I'm satisfied with it.

This is all simplified but an overall decent look at where I stand nearing my 34th year of life. I am positive about my future and know even  more beauty, discovery and coolness awaits. I want to continue to build my business, take more trips, play more music, make new friends, keep up with old friends/family, meet an awesome woman who blows me away and all the stuff that makes my time here worth it.



No comments: