Tuesday, January 27, 2009

new song

i wrote a song tonight. From memories that almost seem sacred now. The kind of memories you don't feel you really deserve and maybe will only get to experience once. I understood as I was experiencing them that these were things I would never see again.

you called a cab
and you went back to bed
I said goodbye to your town

keep it simple
just a sleepy peck
I guess Ill call you when I touch down

i spent my last
on a magazine
and picked up a few new words

tried not to stare
at the gypsy queens
singing songs Ive never heard

ive been thinking about
what your father said
how the words get in the way

theres not enough time
to figure it out
"so many things I want to say"

I can still recall
the festival
and the children everywhere

the dizzy lights
the cathedral at night
and the way you did your hair

No comments: